Our Diamond Guarantee...
We offer a lifetime diamond guarantee on all diamond jewellery.
Our Guarantee includes:
- FREE- Ring sizing any time within the first two years.
- FREE- Lifetime ring cleaning.
- FREE- Lifetime ring inspection
- FREE- Appraisal of your diamond ring(s) by our Graduate Gemologist.
- FREE- Re-tipping of claws for ten years.
- FREE- Lifetime re-shaping of ring(s).
- LOSS GUARANTEE
If you lose a diamond from your mounting within two years of the date of purchase, due to a manufacturer's defect, the diamond will be replaced without charge, providing your ring has not been visibly tampered with and has been examined every six months.
- MOUNTING GUARANTEE
Your mounting is guaranteed for five years against all manufacturers’ defects.
- AFTER SALES SERVICE
We will gladly clean and inspect your ring(s) after the guarantee period at no charge. We suggest that you continue to have this done every six months.
Crowley’s is a an Authorized Retailers for Victor Diamonds
Crowley’s Jewellers & Goldsmiths is proud to be one of the select Authorized Retailers to carry Victor Diamonds in the world.
The Victor Mine is operated by De Beers Canada and is Ontario’s first diamond mine. DeBeers Canada has opened this unique mine that has one of the highest average grade of rough diamonds in the world. Discovered over 20 years ago, the Victor Mine only came into operation in late 2008 and became the fourth diamond mine in Canada.
Through an agreement between De Beers Canada and the Government of Ontario, 10% of the rough diamonds from the Victor Mine are made available to Crossworks Manfuacturing Ltd., a member of the HRA Group of Companies. In order to receive the 10% allocation from Victor, Crossworks established a factory in Sudbury, Ontario where all the diamonds are cut and polished to the exacting standards of luxury jewellery retailers. It is unique situation has lead Crossworks to be the only company in the world who can offer diamonds that are mined, cut and polished in Ontario.
The concept of buying local is of growing importance in the world and the Victor Diamond allows the consumer to purchase exquisite diamonds whose pedigree can be detailed from the square kilometer of its birth through the polishing process to the final jewellery piece itself. This direct access to diamonds of great rarity provides Authorized Retailers the opportunity to celebrate the success of Ontario’s first diamond mine and the development of the secondary industry in the province.
Each Victor Diamond is accompanied with a Certificate of Origin provided by the Government of Ontario and a grading document from either the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) or the AGS Laboratories.These offer the consumer the highest level of assurance of both the quality of the diamond and the guarantee of it origin.
Victor Mine Overview & Facts:
- The Victor Mine is located in the James Bay Lowlands of Northern Ontario, approximately 90 km west of the coastal community of Attawapiskat First Nation. It is Ontario’s fi rst diamond mine and the second in Canada for De Beers.
- The Victor Mine is a anopen-pit mine and is one of 18 kimberlite pipes discovered on the property, 16 of which are diamondiferous.
- Construction of the Victor Mine began in February 2006 after receiving all necessary approvals from provincial and federal governments.
- Approximately $1 billion was spent on construction of the mine, with approximately C$167 million spent with Aboriginal businesses or joint venture partners. It is also estimated that De Beers will contribute C$6.7 billion cumulative GDP impact for all of Ontario during the life of the Victor Mine.
- The Victor Mine reached commercial production in 2008 (six months ahead of schedule) and the Offi cial Mine Opening took place in July 2008.
- In October 2009, the Victor Mine was voted “Mine of the Year” by the readers of the international trade publication Mining Magazine.
The diamond industry has established the Kimberley Process to prevent the trade of conflict diamonds. Today well over 99% of the worlds diamond supply is certified to be from sources that are free from conflict. All of our suppliers are signatories of the Kimberley Process.
Crowley’s guarantees that only diamonds from legitimate sources are used in our jewellery. You can be assured that every diamond we sell was handled within this System of warranties and therefore is certified to be from sources that are in full compliance with this process.
Hearts & Arrows
Hearts & Arrows is a visual phenomenon that appears only in the finest Ideal Cut round brilliant diamonds when viewed under a special scope. Diamonds cut with precisely aligned and carefully shaped facets combined with optimum proportions produce an incredibly brilliant sight, called Hearts & Arrows. A True Hearts & ArrowsTM Ideal Cut Diamond is the ultimate and most brilliant in the world. When a Hearts & Arrows Ideal Cut Diamond is placed in a specific instrument, anyone can clearly see the effect of the Arrows in the top view of the diamond, and Hearts from the bottom view.
According to GIA study of over 60,000 diamonds less than 3% could satisfy ideal proportions. Only one per million diamonds can be called True Hearts & Arrows diamond. An accurately proportioned stone will attract the highest price per carat. When the diamond is cut to gain weight, or spread to make it look larger than it is, it will be too deep or too shallow.